All too soon summer will be over and the time for seriousness and adulthood will be upon us. In the meantime, let's make something amazing.
We’re taking you on a FREE DANCE ODYSSEY. On September 13th, you’re going to create private dance floors in the public spaces of the District. For free.
We've gotten New York, LA, and Austin floating, and it's time for DC to join in the action.
What The Float is a SILENT MOBILE RAVE. We’re going to post three mixes of MAJOR DANCE MAYHEM with amazing music from all the genres and eras of the rainbow.
You’re going to download them to your smartphone or mp3 player.
You’re going to meet us by the Market at Columbia Plaza (506 23rd St NW), starting at 8:00pm. There's a big ol' plaza outside where you'll find us. At 9:00 we shall - as one - press play on the first mix. The groove will be loud in our ears and our hearts, but silent to any observers we may encounter. From there we’ll dance our way through the District, spreading surprise, joy, and sweet dancing wherever we go.
If you've never done this before, let's break it on down:
1. RSVP here and download the music here! THIS IS A FREE EVENT. Pass the event on to EVERYONE you think deserves to be happy, at least for one night. Text your friends. Email them. Pester them face to face. This is the most important thing that will ever happen.
2. Download our three brand new, specially curated mixes, which will be posted here 48 hours before the Float begins. You’ll be able to download the mixes from Dropbox or Google Drive onto your computer and then sync them onto your mp3 player. Streaming is also available, but we highly recommend downloading in advance!
3. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE MUSIC BEFORE THE DANCE PARTY COMMENCES. IF YOU DO YOU WILL RUIN THE SPONTANEOUS VIRGINAL JOY OF THE FIRST-TIME LISTENING EXPERIENCE.
4. READY YOUR MINDS AND BODIES FOR THE EXPERIENCE. Please ready your minds and bodies responsibly. HYDRATE. Stretch. Dress to move. WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES. Dress fancy to get dancey. We’ll make you glow.
5. At 9:00pm sharp we press play on our first mix and dance out into the night.
Oh, here's what some other people thought of floating: