Hey. Miss us?
May 19 & 20. Your floating dance party. It is SO on. The inimitable Jenny Leon aka BABY OIL DANGER is kicking us off this year with additional dance jams by Jack O'Brien and the Floatfather himself, Nicko Libowitz. Hope you're feeling fearless girls and boys, because we're going deep downtown to the Financial District.
It's FLOATING DANCE PARTY time.
What's a “floating dance party”, you ask? It's kind of like a dance club, except without walls, borders, or limits. It's mind-expanding, heart-pumping, leg-shaking glory. It's all the best parts of going to a giant rave or dancing all by yourself, with none of the downsides of either. It's FLOAT.
We'll meet at Murphy's Tavern (6 Stone St.), NO LATER THAN 9:30pm, but from there we’ll explore the night and the city as the music inspires us, dancing through streets, plazas, parks, and more.
The music - mixed by mad float scientists - will be piped directly into your brains from our GLOWING HEADPHONES.
To everyone else, we'll seem completely silent. All of New York will will become a surreal endless dancefloor, the mild-mannered will become fearless booty-shaking superstars, and the night will be ours. You will experience the streets of the city in entirely new ways. The power of the FLOAT will swell within you, and you’ll give yourself entirely to the dance in a way you never dreamed was possible.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’RE GONNA DO:
1. Buy a ticket already! They're cheap right now, but prices will rise!
2. Pass the event on to EVERYONE you think deserves to be happy, at least for one night. Text your friends. Email them. Pester them face to face. Invite them on Facebook. This is the most important thing that will ever happen.
3. READY YOUR MINDS AND BODIES FOR THE EXPERIENCE. Please ready your minds and bodies responsibly. Stretch. Hydrate. Dress to move. WEAR COMFORTABLE MOTHERFUCKING SHOES so you can dance and run and jump and climb. Dress as fancy as you wanna. We’ll make you glow.
4. Meet us at Murphy's Tavern early, early, early for drink specials. There will be complimentary mobile coat/bag check, and it will be accessible at any time throughout the night, so feel free to bring your awkward belongings with you. We'll give a pair of headphones or a receiver you can plug your own headphones into. We'll need to hold a credit card or a $20 deposit until you return the equipment at the end of the night. YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED.
5. At 9:45pm SHARP, we'll step outside, where the shared musical experience will swell within us, and the dance will lead us into the night. You have been warned.
Join us the third weekend of every month for new dance odysseys, new dance jams, and new dance friends.