Hi Los Angeles. It's FLOATING DANCE PARTY time.
What's a “floating dance party”, you ask? It's kind of like a dance club, except without walls, borders, or limits. It's mind-expanding, heart-pumping, booty-shaking glory. It's all the best parts of dancing on your own or being part of a giant rave, with none of the downsides of either. It's FLOAT.
We'll meet at The Venice Whaler no later than 8:30pm, but from there we’ll explore the night and the city as the music inspires us, dancing through streets, plazas, parks, and more.
The music - mixed by mad float scientists - will be piped directly into your brains via our GLOWING HEADPHONES.
To everyone else, we'll seem completely silent. All of Los Angeles will will become an endless surreal dancefloor, the mild-mannered will become fearless booty-shaking superstars, and the night will be ours. You will experience the streets of the city in entirely new ways. The power of the FLOAT will swell within you, and you’ll give yourself entirely to the dance in a way you never dreamed was possible.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’RE GONNA DO:
1. Buy a ticket! Right now there's still some cheap tickets, but prices WILL rise.
2. RSVP YES, YESYESYES, or HELL YES. Pass the event on to EVERYONE you think deserves to be happy, at least for one night. Text your friends. Email them. Invite them on Facebook. Pester them face to face. This is the most important thing that will ever happen.
3. READY YOUR MINDS AND BODIES FOR THE EXPERIENCE. Please ready your minds and bodies responsibly. Stretch. Hydrate. Dress to move. WEAR COMFORTABLE MOTHERFLOATING SHOES so you can dance and run and jump and climb. This is not the time for cute heels or strappy sandals; you will regret them. Dress as fancy as you wanna. We’ll make you glow.
4. Meet us at The Venice Whaler early, early, early for adult beverages and camaraderie! If you are late, you may, unfortunately, be left behind! We'll set you up with a pair of glowing headphones and prepare you for the coming odyssey.
5. At 8:45pm SHARP, we'll step outside, where the shared musical experience will swell within us, and the dance will lead us out into the night. More info here.