For August, we're heading back to Brooklyn, and DJ Pretty Boy J is going to take you on the ride of your life! Sometimes you gotta Float for your right to party...
If you've floated before, you know the drill. If you ain't, read on and we'll kinda explain, but also kinda not so you can get your mind good and proper blown AT YOUR VERY FIRST FLOAT. Come get freaky with us, kids.
A “floating dance party” is a dance club without walls, borders, or limits. We'll meet at Mission Dolores at 249 4th Ave, BROOKLYN, NO LATER THAN 9:30pm on Friday (August 19th) and Saturday (August 20th), but from there we’ll explore the night and the city as the music inspires us, dancing our way through streets, plazas, parks, and more.
The music - mixed by mad float scientists - will be piped directly into your brains from our brand-new handy-dandy PORTABLE RECEIVERS. Bring your favorite headphones to plug in if you like, otherwise we'll set you up with ours.
To anyone not a part of our party, we'll seem completely silent. Mundane spaces will become surreal dance platforms, the mild-mannered will become fearless booty-shaking superstars, the night will become ours. You will experience the streets of the city in entirely new ways. The power of the FLOAT will swell within you, and you’ll give yourself entirely to the dance in a way you never dreamed was possible.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’RE GONNA DO:
1. Buy a ticket right here! Right now there's still a limited number of $10 tickets remaining, but soon they'll rise to $15, then $20, and then $25 at the door.
2. Pass the info on to EVERYONE you think deserves to be happy, at least for one night. Text your friends. Email them. Pester them face to face. This is the most important thing that will ever happen.
3. READY YOUR MINDS AND BODIES FOR THE EXPERIENCE. Please ready your minds and bodies responsibly. Stretch. Hydrate. Dress to move. WEAR COMFORTABLE MOTHERFUCKING SHOES so you can dance and run and jump and climb. Dress as fancy as you wanna. We’ll make you glow.
4. Meet us at Mission Dolores at 249 4th Ave, BROOKLYN early, early, early for drink specials. There will be complimentary mobile coat/bag check, and it will be accessible at any time throughout the night, so feel free to bring your awkward belongings with you. We'll give a pair of headphones or a receiver you can plug your own headphones into. We'll need to hold a credit card or a $20 deposit until you return the equipment at the end of the night. YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED.
5. At 9:30pm SHARP, we'll step outside, where the shared musical experience will swell within us, and the dance will lead us into the night. You have been warned.
Join us the third weekend of every month for new dance jams, new dance spots, and new dance friends.